Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ladylike Pair

Last weekend I convinced Jon to go with me to my favorite thrift store, with the lure of promising that a lumbar yard was right next door.

 

To my surprise (wink, wink) the lumbar yard was only for contractors and we couldn’t go in, but alas the doors to my beloved shop were open.

 



Who should I see when I turned the corner:

 



A lovely pair of dainty, girly chairs!



pairofthriftstorechairs



They are vintage (of course they had to be) and in perfect condition. I would even leave them as is. Complete with nail head trim ( a favorite of mine).

 



thriftstorechairs



Ah I was so sad to leave them behind. I think I could have totally convinced Jon to let them live with us, but I simply do not have the space or a client for them! Hence the reason why I keep bugging Jon for a store front so that I can do my design work and sell design stuff a la Jaime Meares.

 



Until Jon gives in these babies will have to go home with someone else. If you are in the NY area and in love with them like me shoot me an email and I’ll let you in on my secret place so you can snag them yourselves.

 



I believe they were $169 (Not sure if that was the price for one or the pair. I can re-check if you are interested).

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

woah! those are amazing! :)

April 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

the trim is so cool, we have an armchair with nail trip
Love the pattern of these

April 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

ooooh, I wish I was closer because my Mom needs them !

April 1, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Hamptontoes said...

Those are great! I like the textile and nail heads are always a favorite of mine. I'll have to e-mail you to see location of this little gem of a spot you are talking about.

April 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

I am from NY but living in GA. Absolutely love those!! Wish I lived closer.

TFSs

April 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Thalla-Marie said...

I WANT THEM AND LIVE IN NJ!

April 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger mhr310 said...

I would love to know where the shop is. Thank you.

April 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Seriously - why is it SO difficult to get the guys in our lives to join us on these ventures? I asked my bf to go to Pier 1 with me tonight to pick up a rug for OUR deck and it was like pulling teeth to get him to agree. Hmph.

Hah on another note - those chairs are fabulous! I'd want to move to NYC just for all the great thrift stores.

Alaina

April 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Dreams of Perfection said...

I love the legs on them. They don't have that french anne type leg. They have a nice straight leg that will fit with any decor!

April 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Beachchica said...

OH MY WORD...I am in love....I live in SC and our thrift stores have nothing like this.

April 2, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

Open that store! You should read the bio on Rachel Ashwell. She has a 2 yr old and a 2 month old and her husband walked out the door and never looked back. She had no money. She thought ok, I can feel sorry for myself or I can do what I know how to do and try and make money at it. She knew how to fix up and refinish furniture so that's what she did and opened a store front. The rest as they say is history and I'm sure that she is worth a tidy sum.

April 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I would love to know the location of such amazing pair.

Thanks,
Olivia
olivia_flor@yahoo.com

April 2, 2010 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger cbn said...

I'm obsessed with them! I've been looking for 2 great armchairs for our living room for about a year now. Where did you find the chairs?

Casey.nunez@gmail.com

Thanks!

April 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger MSJ said...

Love the chairs and live in NY. Please tell me where to find them.

April 6, 2010 at 2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live in NYC and I would love to know where that store is, please, thank you

April 8, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home