Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Everything LEB’s $25 and under stylish finds

Hi All,

 



Today’s guest blogger is Linds from Everything LEB. She is a great friend, number one cheerleader, sweet as can be and crafty and design savvy like Martha. I heart her and I know you will too!

 



xo,



Camila



______________________________



Hello everyone! 

 



Thank you for welcoming me over here on Camila’s blog today.  While she is off in Colombia enjoying her vacation, I shall keep you entertained for the day. 

 



When she first asked for guest bloggers I just knew I had to help out one of my very first blog friends.  While we have never met in person, I hope to one day very soon as we don’t live too far away from each other.

 



OK, so the topic Camila came up with was “5 deals under $25 to spruce up your home” and I decided to take the idea and twist it a bit.  While my items may not be cute home accessories, they are items that will certainly spruce up your home by organizing it. 

 



Here are my 5 deals under $25 that will organize AND spruce up your home:

 



Glass Jars:



image



Glass jars are so useful and can be used in just about every room in your home.  These Anchor Hocking ones from Amazon are only $9.99 each- meaning for $25 you can get 2 ½ of them!



image 



Some ideas for these are:

 



-In the kitchen to keep sugar, flour and just about anything else you want to store large quantities of. 

-In the bathroom to keep bars of soap, cotton pads or even powdered bubble bath. 

-In the family room to keep kids toys organized- wooden blocks would be so pretty in these jars (ok even legos would look better in glass jars then all over the floor). 

-In your closet to keep scarves, headbands, belts, basically anything small that you want to see. 

-In a craft room for markers, paint, paint brushes, ribbon, scraps of paper, or bobbins of thread.

 



OK, you get the idea these can be used EVERYWHERE.

 



Plastic Shoe Boxes:



image



For $25.80 you can get a box of 20 plastic shoe boxes and you might need more after you keep finding more and more ways to use them like I did.



image



I use these boxes:


-In my closet to keep my shoes neat and dust free (I still need to take photos of my shoes so I can put a picture in the box for super easy finding, yes I know I am anal)


-On my desk/shelf to keep craft supplies neatly organized


And in my in my linen closet to keep toiletries, etc organized.  I have 6 boxes labeled-  RX Meds, Cold/ Pain Meds, First Aid, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, etc., Travel Sized Items, and Make-Up.  They stack neatly and make my once disastrous linen closet organized and pretty.

 



Wire baskets:



image



These ones run $12.95 - $15.95, well within the range of under $25.  I love these and even though I don’t have any yet I am planning on getting a bunch to further organize my linen closet and pantry in the kitchen.

 



They would be perfect to keep extra rolls of toilet paper, hand towels, sheet sets, all those random bags of food in the pantry, bottles of soda water, cans and again the list can go on and on.

 



Label Maker:

image



This one will set you back $19.99 and you will for sure get your money’s worth over and over again.  I don’t need to explain all the uses for this or tell you that I use it about once a day to make pretty little labels for everything.  If I’m not careful I might find myself labeling my fiancé, the couch or other ridiculous things. 

 



In the photo below you can see all my organized craft items in labeled plastic shoe boxes.



image



Beware, it is an addicting little tool that for sure will spruce up your home.

 



Knuff Magazine Holders:



image



If you are a regular reader of Camila’s blog, mine or any design blog for that matter then you are well aware of a bloggers love for magazines.  A pair of these wooden magazine holders are $9.99 and from someone who has about 40 of them in my house, they are priceless!

 



I painted mine white and they are holding all my beloved design magazines that I just cant seem to get rid of.  These spruced up my home and I love them!

image 



So there you have my list of 5 items under $25 that will spruce up your home.  Thank you again to Camila for asking me to be a part of her blog for the day.  Actually, at first I did ask if I could come on vacation with her, but I guess guest blogging is a close second.

 



(Photos from: Amazon.com, emersonmade.com, The Container Store, Crate and Barrel, Staples, Ikea, and everythingleb)

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I have a bunch of those plastic shoe boxes and I agree- love them! I should take pics of my shoes too. Label maker=amazing!

May 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

great post! :d love the glass jars.

May 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I heart everything she picked. A girl after my own heart. Love my Linds!

May 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Full House said...

Oohh I think I need some wire baskets. Great round-up Lindsay.

May 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

love linds and LOVE this list.

May 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger On the Glam said...

Love the look of organized glass jars... Someday I'll have enough space to actually display them!

May 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

I love all of LEB's stylish finds, I have everything but the label maker --- I think I must get that soon!
pve

May 18, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great picks Lindsay!!

May 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger kate said...

same page...i would not be a complete person without my labelmaker (-:

great finds...wire baskets are a MUST!

May 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Jules said...

Great picks! I've been looking for plastic shoe boxes, so thank you. I didn't realize they were so reasonably priced.

May 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

love this list... so many great organizational items!!! My label maker is key to my biz.

xo,
cristin

May 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

I am always looking for good organizational items! Now I just need to use them!

May 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

Amen to those shoe boxes. I had a friend who used them for all her shoes and when her house flooded (one floor ranch) boy was she glad she had all her shoes in those!

May 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great list, Lindsay!

May 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Great pics! I love glass jars too.

May 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

Terrific list. Is that label maker really that inexpensive? The magazine racks are my fave...

May 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Sketch42 said...

I keep my shoes in their original boxes, but I do use a label maker to write up little descriptions.

May 18, 2010 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly and Sara said...

Thanks for sharing. I love getting things all super organized. My life at work has been so chaotic that I have been putting organizing my home on the back burner and am finally getting back into it. Hope you are having a great week!

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

May 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what an awesome guest post! so many great deals. i love all your ideas for shoeboxes! a labelmaker is a must!

May 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Great ideas!! I so want a label maker.

May 19, 2010 at 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the list! And those glass jars....every home needs some!

May 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

Love her! She has so many practical and fun ideas. These are fabulous!

May 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home