Thursday, January 8, 2009

Shop Girl

I have always dreamed of owning my own home store. I would love merchandising all of the items, doing the window display and interacting with customers plus I would offer my design services as well and be one happy lady.

For the time being this is staying as a dream, but you must take a sneak peak into a home store named Hudson that made one lady's dream a reality.

Jill Goldberg decided that Hollywood was the life was her. Off she went to la la land with dreams of pursuing acting. This though was not meant to be and Jill decided to follow her passion and study design at FIT in LA. After finishing her degree she decided to jump in head first and started her own design company named Picket Fence Interiors in 2001. While she loved interacting with her clients she found she was having a difficult time finding items that she loved. In 2006 Hudson was born and opened up shop in the South End of Boston.

Her style is a mix of traditional, country and vintage meets modern which is right up my alley. This mixture of styles is blending perfectly in her home shop in which she also offers her design services.

Here is a sneak peek into Hudson:









I must make this store a stop during my next trip to the Boston area. Items are available for purchase online and lucky me found a Chandelier I love for my dining room:



Oh it says price available upon request...hmm that so doesn't sound good.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That store looks amazing! Right up my alley.

I have that exact same chandelier in my dining room. It's the Square Tube Chandelier by Visual Comfort available through Circa.

http://www.circalighting.com/details.aspx?pid=964&cid=

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

January 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

SOOOO, when are you coming to visit???

January 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love this store and wish it were around the corner instead of in Boston.

January 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we talk abotu that louis vuitton tray for a min..ugh.

January 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh Paloma,

I so knew that you were going to know who made it. I love it. I'm trying to decide between this one and the other lovely one you told me about at Circa. I love them both. Do you remember how much this one is?

Can I see a picture of it in your DR?

Lindsay,

I so want to make a Boston trip. My sisters both went to BC so I made numerous trips and haven't been there in a year because they have both now graduated. Hmm I want to plan a trip now.... I'm keep you posted.

January 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger No.35style said...

I have been to Boston and sadly didn't know about this shop...but I know I would have LOVED it!

January 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I expect an update as you are coming to visit, how fun!!

January 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

WOW. That place looks incredible: so light & airy inside even though there's so much stuff!!! (I saw one of those mirrors I've been stalking, some cowhide,(I LOVE that vignette with the suitcases & work lanterns!) a beautiful drop-leaf table I want & that chairs is amazing. love that place

January 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Camila, did you get my e-mail yesterday? I sent it to the e-mail address listed on your Facebook.

January 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Lauren,

I knew you would love this place. We should totally plan a girls get away to Boston!

Paloma,

Thanks for your email. I just logged on to that account and emailed you back.

January 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Sherry Petersik said...

Must. Go. To. Boston.

That store rocks my socks. Thanks so much for sharing the eye candy. Love your blog!

xoxo,
Sherry (& John)
www.thisyounghouse.com

January 10, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home