Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wallflower

I've had flowers on the brain for the last couple of weeks. As you all know I became obsessed trying to find the perfect wallpaper for my dining room and I finally found it and with the help of some wonderful readers I was able to find out where I could purchase it. A sample is on it's way to my home, but I'm in complete sticker shock over the price. It's going to cost $124 a roll! Ah, but I love it so I'm going to do the calculations and see how much of it I would actually need. It's not a huge room and it would be going above a chair rail so I'm hoping that it won't be too bad. I have been searching for something comparable to ease the cost a bit, but I haven't had any luck.

The day when I ran to Target to get some shades for my bedroom lamps I had no clue that I would run into the crew setting up the new Home Design showcase. There are some beautiful items. Definitely worth a trip to check it out. While perusing the aisle I was meet with floral WALLPAPER! I had no idea Target carried it, but I was in heaven. Sadly none of them matched my needs, but they really were some great choices. Plus the price was amazing 29.99 for a double roll!

Here is what they had in the store:


Click me to order


Click me to order


Click me to order


Click me to order

I think they are too good to be true. The look very similar to many of the designer papers I have been looking at such as Linda Barker and Ferm Living

Now if only they could knock off of some rolls of my favorite paper we would be in business.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I love the second one!

January 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

I'm loving paper too! I would love to do a room but I would have to skim my walls first and that is so not in the budget.

January 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

WOW I didn't know they sold wallpaper!!! The gray one looks right up your alley!!

January 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

That is some darn pretty Target wall paper. Now I want to re-do my bathroom with it. Thanks for the ideas and the link. I wonder what would go with my horrid blue and black tiles that I can't afford to get rid of?

January 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

You know....there is a very big chance that you could use what you need of the roll and then get rid of the rest on ebay. You'd at least get part of your $ back.

Good luck on making a choice, but I adore the wallpaper from the Kate Spade ad!

January 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

They looked really good in person plus the paper looked really sturdy.

Sarah,
I know skimming the walls is a pain. We had to do that in our entire kitchen. Lucky for us mom was using a painter who's mon-fri job was skimming and he came over and did it for a song.

Lauren,
I know I was shocked when I saw it. They also have a ton of options online. What don't they have!

Kwana,

Send me some pics of the bathroom and I'll totally help. It would be fun. This wallpaper would look good with black tile and it's on sale from 90 something to 30.

January 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

I just saw this the other day! Love the designs (esp. the first one--looks so high-end). I've been contemplating buying a roll, adhering it to large canvases and using it as wallart.

January 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home