Friday, January 2, 2009

It's not easy being GREEN

I'm finally finishing up the new paint job in my bedroom. I'm normally not a fan of accent walls, but I wanted a quick change for my bedroom along with something interesting for behind my headboard. I couldn't find a wallpaper that I loved to go with the room so I went with paint instead.

My husband wasn't exactly sure what I was doing, but told me he completely trusted me so off we went to Home Depot where I picked out a shade of green that matches Ms. Spades lovely signiture color prefectly.



I took inspiration from a gift box I had received from Kate Spade that had green, white and a bit of a champagne type color. Hopefully it will all come together and make sense. I can't wait for the big reveil.

A coat of paint is such a quick and inexpensive fix for a tired room. It can make for a complete make-over while keeping the majority of the same pieces in the room. Now I only need to change my table lamps and add some other touches of green in the room to tie it all together.

This time around we decided to upgrade from the traditional blue painters tape to a new green Frog Tape. It was amazing! No paint bleed thru and it even matched my paint color choice.



Ribbit, Ribbit we approve and it's only a little bit more money and totally well worth it.

14 Comments:

Blogger No.35style said...

Sounds fun! We have been doing some painting, too.

January 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger ann ominous said...

it REALLY didn't bleed through? how about those frustrating little ragged edges? and what about when you pulled it back up...did it come up smoothly??

my husband and i repainted every room in our house when we moved in...that blue painters tape that SAYS it is wonderful is a huge bag of lies!!

evil evil blue painters tape.

January 2, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

It really did work. The tape was amazing. We really didn't have high hopes for it. We bought all sorts of special tape to prevent bleeding and it never works so we just end up doing it free hand. We decided to test out this new tape that was actually in my christmas stocking and it worked WONDERFULLY. No bleeding or ragged edges.

I highly recommend it.

January 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Can you post pics?!! can't wait to see!!

January 4, 2009 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

I can't wait for the reveal. It's so funny, the other day I was looking around my bedroom and thinking of a green coat of paint too.

January 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Erin Gates said...

I am about to paint my office the same shade of green and will go out and get the Frog tape ASAP! Thanks for the tip!!!

January 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

My husband is super picky about the crisp edges and painting a room in a proper way with doing the edges first then filling in the rest. I never really did that before. opps.

Anyway the frog tape got his approval so I hope it wonders for you all.

Erin,

So excited to see your new office! If you want the same shade of Kate Spade green I found it at Behr and it's called SHAMROCK. Not loving the name, but it is a perfect match. I searched high and low on my Benjamin Moore fan deck and nothing matched as well as Shamrock from Behr.

Lauren,

I'm going to try and post pictures tonight. I finally took my camera out the box and charged the battery last night so tonight I will be playing around with it and I'll take some pictures!

January 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

ohhhhhh, i can't wait to see it!! happy 2009

January 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Um, please post pics like NOW!! I LOVE that color and used it on my headboard- I cant wait to see how your room turned out!

January 5, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Can't wait to see the room!!!!

January 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

So glad to know about that paint tape. The blue stuff sucks, so this makes me incredible happy. Can't wait to see your room!

January 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Blandings said...

Um. Just did a project with the Frog tape and it DID bleed. But, it didn't tear. Maybe it was me.

January 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you Pat.

I didn't have high hopes for it, but I decided to give it a try anyway. It worked perfectly in my room and I had a lot of trim work in which I didn't want it to bleed. No problems on my end.

January 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger soko said...

What paint color did you end up using? I've been looking around for kate spade green (used it as an accent color at my wedding) but have had a hard time seeing it translate as a match to an entire wall. Did you do one or two coats? I know someone below used Behr paint in Shamrock. Is that what you used? Thanks for the help!

January 10, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home