Thursday, April 2, 2009

Humor me

After helping my MIL make curtains for the office I now want to give it a try on my own. We have a window in our upstairs hallway that could use a little love and so began my search for the perfect fabric.



Well I found it and I’m in love.  The object of my affection is Schumacher’s Katsugi in Gold and Mushroom:



katsugi

Since my salary right now is pretty much non-existent this is not in the cards. (Unless someone super sweet wants to give me a great deal on 6 yards of fabric. )



I finally came to terms that I should try and find a fabric in a different price point and found something that reminded me of my Katsugi fabric.



The latest fabric that I’ve been contemplating is part of  Joel Dewberry Ginseng collection:



joel dewberry ginseng



The both have a similar color palette and if I squint real hard I can pretend they look even more similar. My only point of hesitation is the pattern. It looks a bid like the inside of brain and I’m not sure if that’s totally the look I’m going for.



Has anyone else found anything similar to Katsugi?



I haven’t made a final decision yet. I’m still hoping that I can find my beloved Katsugi fabric at an amazing steal like Maison 21 did in December.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ring said...

I would have to see it in person, cause it does look a bit "brainy" online! Sorry C!

April 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I LOVE the Katsugi fabric- its beautiful!! Isnt it so frustrating when you get your heart set on something that is out of your price range, it happens to me all the time!!

I'm not sure how I feel about the other fabric though, its a little like the inside of a brain or coral maybe.

If I have time today I'll do some searching online to see what I can find for you.

April 3, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger KM said...

Why is everyone poo poo'ing this? I don't see brainy at all...I actually see coastal (it sort of reminds me of shells). I like it. Fo Sho.

April 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

From the first moment I say that fabric I have been in love. I tried to convince my old boss to use it for curtains forever just so I could live vicariously through her. I have not found anything as wonderful, I wish I could help! Please let me know if you find anything.

I am not sold on the new fabric, I do see shells. Although to be fair, nothing will ever be as good as the original...

April 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah Danielle, I have to see it, but trust your taste!

April 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Ah ladies. I know it keeps looking like a brain to me, but it looks like coral. I can't make up my mind. I think I really just like the colors. Oh I need 6 yards of Katsugi to fall from heaven!

April 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger No.35style said...

I love the katsugi...maybe just save up a little here and there until you can get it?? i know, easier said than done.

April 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger No.35style said...

Look here. they have tons of fabrics and most styles come in several colorways. you mind find something.

http://premierprintsfabric.com/collection.shtml

April 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hm.. . yes I def think it's just the colors you're into. It is SO CLOSE to your baby color-whise that I think you're almost willing to overlook the seashells... but you have to love it for being it, not because it reminds you of something you love.

sorry i've been so MIA- we missed out flight to FL!! :( long story and have been running around like crazy people!!! ahhhh
xoxo

April 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home