Sunday, April 26, 2009

When it rains it pours

Hello loves,



Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We spent the weekend putting up subway tile in the kitchen. Of course by we I mean my hubby and my FIL. They didn’t want any help from me so I was busy cleaning out my closet and the whole house along with yard work.

Oh so tired now and can’t really think straight. It’s been an exhausting weekend. Now I take a look at my calendar and see that I have 7 gifts to buy from now until the end of May!

pink present


Image from here.



I’m at a complete lost over what to get anyone. Here’s who I have to shop for:



This week I need to find a fabulous gift for my SIL that is turning 25. (Her birthday is on Wednesday)



On Saturday I have a joint 30th Birthday party. I need one girly gift and one manly gift or a joint gift.



Of course Mother’s day is right around the corner. I need two gifts. One for my mom and one for my MIL. Hmm my birthday actually falls on mother’s day this year…think I can get away with making myself the gift for my mom?



Then Jon’s grandma is turning 86 and the very next day my other SIL turns 21!



I’m already exhausted thinking about all this shopping. So this recessionista needs help. What do I get all these people that is not only a thoughtful gift, but easy on the wallet?



xoxo



Camila

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Jill GG said...

ETSY! They always have such unique gifts! I just bought my mom a print/wall hanging for Mother's Day there! Good luck~

April 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Wow, you do have alot of presents to buy- I'll start thinking and see if I can come up with anything fun for you

April 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck! I feel ya! In the next couple of weeks, I have my husband's birthday, friend's birthday, the birthdays of my friend's two children, father in law's birthday, and mother's day for my mom and MIL. You're right. When it rains, it pours!

April 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I second ms. less is always more... Etsy is the best.

April 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Hmm, I will be thinking...Etsy is a good idea!

April 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Maddio said...

Target usually has some cute stuff. And if anything, you can get the manly gift there- like grilling accessories or something outdoor oriented. For the 21 year old a decent bottle of spumante champagne, in the $15-$20 range is good, with maybe a small, girly gift on the side? Just some thoughts...

April 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I bought my mom a Aquiesse - Luxe Linen candle. It's wonderful. So great that I bought myself one, too!

April 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger california dreaming said...

I completely understand! I was working on our budget for May and it is crazy the amount of things that we have going on.I'm not sure how much saving we will do. Good luck with the gift search!

April 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm giving Hable Construction gardening gloves and matching belts for mother's day! they are super sweet and can order online. Even the gloves are darling on their own!

Also obsessed with giving June Taylor marmalades and jams right now. xx

April 28, 2009 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

You would love "make under my life" jewelry by Jess-
She is listed on my blog friends. They are simple and nice for summer.
pve

April 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home