Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap: Mini Photo Shoot

This past weekend I was busy working away on some mini photo shoots that are going to be used as headers on the new look for the blog!

Saturday we got to work on setting the scene.

We started with this:



Then we took apart of the garage and took out this beauty that I can't seem to part with, but don't have the money or space yet to get it refinished:




Why the shopping bags? Well, so glad you asked, one of the perks of the new blog is that it's going to have a classifieds section aka a virtual yard sale for our home decor items that we no longer want, but want to give a good home to. People from all over can come on and list their home decor items for free and set a price and then let you know if they are willing to ship or if it needs to be local pick-up. A sort of craigslist, but instead of having to search by location you can see everything all at once. In way it will be massive decorators closet that we can all pick through. :)

We then added a couple more props:



We were missing one more that prop that was having some diva issues, but we finally got him in the shot:


(Can you spy my featured guest in the shot? I think this is the winning picture!)

Of course I know what all you guys really want:


(Haha Jon had to ham it up for the camera. I think I'm going to start renting out my husband so that you all can get a little help on your DIY projects. :) )

So start cleaning up your houses and rounding together home decor items that you no longer want, but think others would and get ready to list away!

The new blog is at the programmer as I type. Should be super soon now!


Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

What a great idea! Cute photos! Looking forward to this!

October 11, 2010 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Great idea!!

October 11, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh LOVE IT! the pooch is a movie star for sure!

October 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cute photo shoot! :) Congrats on your new blog

October 11, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Rose said...

Exciting! I keep hoping to see the new design when I click over one of these mornings! Can't wait to see all the cool updates and cute design.

October 11, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger KLM said...

Lovin it. Cute and fun!

October 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Can't wait...you are one seriously talented stager!

October 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger jisabird said...

Too cute! I love the "craiglist" idea. Looking forward to seeing the new design.

Cheers!
J.

October 11, 2010 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

i love your yard sale idea!! i can't wait until the new blog is up and running so we can see what you came up with!

October 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger madelyn said...

What a great idea for the yard sale! Can't wait - I already have a stash that I'd love to post!
Love your blog!!

October 11, 2010 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger liz @ bon temps beignet said...

I love this idea! If you call it 'Camilla's List'can I get the credit for naming it? ; )

I can't wait to see what everyone posts!

October 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Such a great idea! I have a garage full of furniture etc. that I would like to sell so count me in:) If you ever decide to part with the couch, let me know because you have a potential buyer right here- love it! The final shot that you are going to use is perfection- adorable!!

October 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Michaela said...

Fun idea! Can't wait to see the virtual yard sale in action (:

October 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Kelly Green said...

Love the photo shoot - can't wait to see it all up and running! KG

October 11, 2010 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

What a great idea!!! You must be SUPER excited for the launch!

October 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a great idea. Pumped to hopefully sell AND buy!

October 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

How cute! Just don't sell the dog!

October 12, 2010 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love these photos. I see why you can't part with the couch, she's a beauty. Looking forward to the new blog look.

October 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Moe said...

I am obsessed with these pics!! And, is that the couch from the basement??

October 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home